CALHOUN COUNTY YMCA
GET CONNECTED WITH ALL OUR CHILDCARE SERVICES
As the landscape of learning continues to change, the YMCA of the Golden Crescent remains committed to serving you and your child through extended learning opportunities.
As a leader in youth development, the Y Extended Learning Programs serve hundreds of local children on a daily basis providing safe, quality, affordable educational childcare. School age children are welcome to enroll in any of our programs during the school year.
Enrollment is open to any student. This includes in-school learning, remote learning or homeschool students. Ages vary per branch. Y Members receive a discount. Both members and the community are welcome to enroll.
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
Available for Pre-K and up
Program runs Monday-Friday from dismissal to 6:00pm
All of our sites are licensed through the Department of Family & Protective Services. We strive to help each child reach their potential by offering and enriching environment that encourages the development of character, leadership, and cooperative spirit.
Available at the following CCISD locations:*
- Limited pickup from JR, HJM, OLG, Travis and Calhoun High School (these students will attend program at the Calhoun County YMCA)
*Limited space available
Registration Fee (non-refundable):
- Y Members $50/Community $60
- Y Members $50/Community $65
- Siblings receive $5 off
Contact the Y for info about Holiday Camps.
CCS accepted and financial assistance available.
- CCS (Child Care Services) Vendor (After School Program only)
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Different programs to fit your needs
- Low staff-to-child ratios
- Highly qualified staff who receive ongoing education
- All staff undergo pre-employment drug tests & background checks
Small Groups to ensure distancing rules
Fun, engaging curriculum to include but not limited to:Arts & Crafts, Health, Wellness & Fitness, Math & Literacy
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Virtual learning and homework assistance
- Social interaction
- Physical activity daily
- Positive, values-based environment
The YMCA utilizes the Hello Insight to assess youth outcomes in school age child care programs: Social and Emotional Learning Youth Survey to measure six SEL capacities: self-management, social skills, contribution, positive identity, academic self-efficacy and social capital.
Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process of developing the “soft skills” young people need to get along as they grow up: to manage themselves as they engage with the world; build and maintain relationships; and treat setbacks and challenges as learning experiences to prompt growth. SEL capacities have been proven to contribute to longer-term gains such as thriving, decreased risk-taking behaviors and increased academics.
To monitor overall program quality, the YMCA uses the nationally recognized, validated instrument, the Youth Program Quality Assessment (PQA) tool, which is designed to measure the quality of youth programs and identify staff training needs. The tool is used to assess in the following areas:
- Safe and supportive environment
- Staff and youth interaction and engagement
- Youth- centered policies and practices
Results from each assessment are used to identify areas of success and identify opportunities for improvement through a continuous improvement plan. Follow-up training is available to staff based their individual professional skills and competencies.