POLICY AND PROCEDURES
YMCA OF THE GOLDEN CRESCENT
- Membership cards must be scanned at the Front Desk to access our facilities.
- YMCA membership cards are the member’s passport to the facility. Cards are non-transferable and remain the property of the YMCA of the Golden Crescent.
- If your card is lost or stolen it may be replaced for a nominal fee, so please contact the Front Desk as soon as possible.
- Members are asked to have their photo taken for security reasons. When members scan their membership card upon entry of the facility, their photo is displayed on the staff computer screen. This is done so that staff and members can be sure the correct members are using the membership cards.
- Membership at the YMCA of the Golden Crescent is non-transferable.
- Membership fees and joining fees are non-refundable.
- The YMCA of the Golden Crescent will issue refunds or credits to your account if we must cancel a program.
- If a participant has a medical exemption or is dissatisfied with the program, we will issue that individual a credit to their account. No pro-rates are granted after a program has started.
- Membership refunds depending on the circumstance will only be back dated 3 months. Please be advised that requests for a program credit or refund are subject to the approval of the Department Director and CEO.
- An account balance from unpaid membership, program fees, etc., will restrict a member’s access to our facility and programs.
- Memberships are not under contract and can be terminated at any time.
- Terminations require a 30-day written notice. An email to the Membership Director [email protected] is the acceptable form of termination.
- To rejoin the Y an account must be in good standing with no remaining balance. Members who reactivate within 90 days of cancellation may rejoin without a sign-up fee.
- Changes to a membership require a 30-day written notice at the Front Desk. This includes the following:
- Adding or deleting individuals from a membership
- Name and address changes
- Billing changes. This information must be proven as soon as possible as not to interrupt membership.
- Memberships are drafted on the 1st or 15th of every month. Should any member debt not be honored by the member’s credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt. A $30 return fee will be applied to all returns. This is in addition to any service fee the member’s credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid and/or payments are returned 3 times.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to age 16 years without completion of YMCA Teen and Youth Training.
The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
Guests – Guest access varies per branch. All guests must sign in at the front desk. Minor guests must have a parent/guardian complete and sign the guest form at first visit. Minor guests under the age of 14 must have a parent/guardian with them while using the facility.
Locker Rooms – You must be at least 18 years old to be in the locker rooms. Any persons under 18 years old found using the amenities in the locker rooms (whirlpool, sauna, steam room) will be removed and repeat offenders will have their memberships revoked. Lockers may be reserved with the Front Desk staff.
Teen and Youth Training – Members ages 10-15 must attend the Teen and Youth Strength Training class and be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older to have access to the Wellness Center. The class teaches proper use of cardio and nautilus equipment. Usage of areas permitted upon completion with parental/adult supervision.
Lost and Found – Items lost at the YMCA of the Golden Crescent will be kept for a period of 15 days.
Photos – YMCA of the Golden Crescent has the authority, including the absolute right and permission to take, copyright, use, and publish photographs of or concerning individuals using the YMCA facility or participating in YMCA programs. Photographs become the exclusive property of the YMCA.
Sex Offenders – YMCA of the Golden Crescent has a no-tolerance policy with regard to those persons who are a registered sex offender and such persons will not be allowed to obtain or continue membership at the YMCA. Participation in YMCA programs by registered sexual offenders is denied, and participation privileges will be revoked for any current member or participant who is considered a registered sex and/or violent offender as defined by the Texas Code.
Loitering – Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
Music – Headphones required for all music playing devices.
The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct. In an effort to assure the safety and welfare of all participants, we require members and guests follow the YMCA of the Golden Crescent Code of Conduct. This is to ensure the highest respect and courtesy toward one another, as well as to guarantee the proper use, maintenance, and care of YMCA property and equipment.
The use of the YMCA is a privilege which can be revoked at any time for violating the Code of Conduct including termination of memberships. At the discretion of YMCA staff, membership or program participation may be denied or revoked for any reason.
Violations to the YMCA Code of Conduct include but are not limited to the following:
- Inappropriate behavior of a physical or sexual nature including lewd behavior and/or unwanted advances within any area of the YMCA.
- Harassment including verbal, physical or sexual or inappropriate behavior by/of members, staff, supervisors, volunteers, and vendors.
- Smoking or vaping. The Y is a tobacco-free facility.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages and the use of illegal drugs or substances on the YMCA property or at any YMCA activity.
- Use of devices to take photos in locker rooms. Cell phones are permitted for making phone calls only. Video calls not permitted.
- Possession of firearms or weapons on YMCA property. No firearms or weapons are allowed on YMCA premises except for sworn law enforcement officers with proper identification and individuals with a concealed carry permit (30.06). Open carry (30.07) is prohibited on YMCA property.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Vandalism of the facility or property.
- Foul language, fighting, spitting, and other forms of disrespect to other members, staff or the facility.
- Unauthorized entrance into the facility by way of illegal use of a pass, sneaking in, refusing to present photo ID upon entry, and/or aiding and abetting.
- Wearing inappropriate athletic attire:
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Vulgar language, images, and/or revealing clothing is not appropriate.
- Proper shoes must be worn appropriate to the given activity (i.e. pool, gym, wellness center, etc). Shoes must be worn throughout the building and locker rooms. Pool is exempt.
- Clothing and hair must be dry if using equipment.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn regardless of the activity.
- Proper athletic attire is determined at the discretion of YMCA staff.
Additional guidelines are posted in each department (pool, wellness center, basketball gym, etc.). The Y reserves the right to ask anyone not adhering to the posted rules to leave the premises.
Facility – Members ages 17 and under are not permitted into the facility during school hours Monday-Friday. Home school is an exception.
- Members ages 8-11 may be in the facility WITH adult supervision. This does not include the Wellness Center area.
- Members ages 12-17 may be in the facility WITHOUT adult supervision in the appropriate areas.
Gymnasium – Must be at least 12 years old to borrow equipment for basketball and racquetball and to reserve the racquetball courts.
Wellness Center – Members ages 16 and older may have access to the Wellness Center area. Members age 10-15 are required to attend the Youth/Teen Training Class. After completion of the course, ages 10-15 may access the Wellness Center with an adult/guardian in the building.